|We are looking for a casual client care worker.
Nature and Scope of Work:
The Client Care Worker reports directly to the Operations Manager or designate. This is evening/night and weekend custodial work to ensure the safety and security of residents and the facility. Knowledge of fire and security procedures is essential to the performance of this work. The CCW will have access to a designated supervisor in case of emergency but he/she must have the physical and cognitive ability to act calmly and thoughtfully in emergency situations where Client Care Workers may be the only staff member on site.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Admission and orientation of new clients
- Distributes pre-packaged &/or filled prescriptions for client self-administration.
- Completes Medical Administration Record (MAR sheets)
- Monitors & records PRN medications for client self-administration.
- Monitors clients’ wellbeing and activities in the residence and keeps an electronic log of shift incidences including observations of client behaviour/problems.
- Checks security of building on a regular basis, checks exits and lights, secures doors & windows.
- Completes physical rounds of building including climbing stairs on all three floors.
- Checks hazardous areas, such as the kitchen for fire and to ensure appliances are turned off.
- Enforces house regulations including bedtime routine (lights out) and wake-up.
- Answers telephone and records messages.
- Interacts with clients on an informal basis.
- Photocopying and scanning of program materials and other related paperwork as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deal with others effectively and to communicate both verbally and written.
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Must have the physical abilities to perform the duties of the job (be able to stand/walk for long periods of time).
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to recognize gross medical symptoms and respond with appropriate action.
Education, Training & Experience:
- General knowledge of substance abuse and related issues of recovery.
- Addictions worker diploma or related education. Bachelor’s Degree in a counseling or related field a asset
- Two years of experience working in a residential facility
- First Aid Certificate.
- Excellent computer skills
Please email a copy of your resume using the link below. Phone calls not accepted.